Monday, March 23, 2009

You're a Good Man, Johnny Blue...


Even though this event happened several years ago, I have told this story often over the past few months.  It hasn't been written down anywhere, and it's one of those memories that I don't want to forget, so it's being posted here!

When Olivia was about 3 years old, we were walking through the grocery store in the aisle with various granola bars and fruit snacks.  It was right around Halloween, and we'd recently watched "Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin" (or whatever it was called!).  

Olivia spotted a box of Charlie Brown fruit snacks and excitedly called out in her adorable chirping voice "Look mom, it's Johnny Blue!"

It took me a few seconds to figure out what she was talking about - and then I couldn't control the giggles.  She had known it was a boys name and a color together, and in her mind, Johnny Blue was the equivalent to Charlie Brown.  And that's been his name in our house ever since!

3 comments:

Lea said...

Oh that is too cute

Lea

Kayelynn said...

So funny! I love it!

Anonymous said...

That totally cracks me up. Kids say the darndest things.