Monday, March 16, 2009

Meet Me At The Shack...


I finished reading a book over the weekend that profoundly inspired my soul. It came at the recommendation of my Pilates teacher.

I won't give the plot away, but it is the tale of a man who suffers a horrific loss, and the healing process that ensues. It is a deeply spiritual tale, and while it goes against some of mainstream religion's ideas of Deity, the story struck a chord deep within my soul. What would it be like to spend a weekend with God or to have a face to face conversation with Jesus? I've asked myself that question at various times over the years. Yet I've never really had an idea of what that might be like. Until now.

The lessons of unconditional love, sacrifice and forgiveness contained in this story really can change lives. The book is listed as fiction, but I can't help but think that it's based on a real-life event...

To find out more about the book, visit http://www.theshackbook.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After you told Holly and I about it last week, I thought it should be on my list to read. I think I'll get it from the library today!

erin said...

just started reading this today...for book club this month. I am so glad to hear that you liked it.