Thursday, March 12, 2009

Because I Have Been Given Much...

We live in a society conditioned to constantly be in pursuit of more...of better...a bigger house, a faster car, a more stylish wardrobe, nicer furniture. You name it, we want it, right?

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Wondering why it is, that we as humans, have such difficulty in being satisfied with what we have. What is it about our nature that pushes us towards this constant desire for more? When I look at the current economic crisis that our country is faced with, it has become quite clear that much of this could have been avoided by simply "simplifying" and being happy with what we have. This includes the government, not just us as individuals.

I know there is no easy fix, changing our innate urges and desires is a challenge. But at least for today, I'm grateful for what I have - and I know that I am blessed beyond measure.

No comments: