Monday, March 30, 2009

Adding To The Fleet...

For those of you who know Steve well, you know his love of anything "auto".  In our 13 years together, we have gone through 12 cars and 6 motorcycles.  And we have had both my mini-van and Steve's truck for 5 years.  

In the last couple of years, off-road vehicles have become a bigger interest in the family, and we have acquired a dune buggy and little quad for the kids.



For Christmas this year, "Santa" delivered a battery-operated quad for Grant. 
 

He loves it.  Jack loves it more.  

Yesterday, Steve woke up, looked at me and said "I think we should buy a bigger motorized quad for Jack to ride around the driveway and yard."  I looked at him and rolled my eyes, (which is my usual reaction when he tells me he wants a new vehicle.  I know it's a battle I'll never win.)

We went to Toys R' Us to check them out.  The quads were cool, and not too overpriced.  And then, Steve peeked his head into the back store room to see if they had anything else not on the floor.  

And in the end, this is what we came home with:


The afternoon was spent assembling the beast, and giving driving lessons.  A couple of near misses occurred when first, Olivia tried to back out of the garage and nearly crashed into my car, and then flew in reverse down the driveway, did a 360 and crashed into the curb at the mailbox.  Luckily, the seatbelts were secure and no one got hurt.  Except for Steve, when Jack proceeded to drive right over his foot while he was trying to stop it.

The beast can only go 3mph in low gear, and 7mph in high gear.  So technically, we should be able to catch it if the kids go crazy.  And Steve keeps assuring me that it will be great driving practice so by the time they are old enough to actually drive, they'll have mastered the art of steering.  We'll see.  

In the meantime, I'll close my eyes and pray each time one of them gets behind the steering wheel.  

1 comment:

5 ibarras said...

So fun Alyson! and I absolutely {LOVE} the new facelift on your blog!!!!