Friday, September 26, 2008

Two Steps Forward, One Step Back


Anyone who says weightloss is easy has never tried to lose weight.  It's amazing how easy we gain weight (at least me) and yet it easily takes twice as long to lose.  

This week, I was up 1/2 pound.  

I've also discovered that my body holds on to its weight when I'm exercising hard.  The weeks when I barely go to the gym, or work out lightly, are the weeks when I've lost more weight.  I'm 3 weeks away from my half marathon, and my weekly mileage is climbing.  I'm running harder and longer.  I'm burning way more calories.  But my body goes in to a panic mode and holds on to everything.

Once my race is over, I'll scale back and work out lighter.  And wait to see if I end up a little lighter.

1 comment:

The DeVito's said...

I hate that! Something I figured out by nursing that I wasn't eating enough calories. Try eating more when you are working out harder, it might help.