Friday, September 5, 2008

Race To A Waist

A few weeks back, I stumbled across a blog, starting an online "Biggest Loser" type competition. Each participant put in $25, and after 12 weeks, the person with the largest percentage of weightloss takes 90% of the money, and 2nd & 3rd split the last 10%. I've desperately been trying to drop the last of my 3-baby weight, without much success. I thought maybe this was the push I needed. So, I signed up. Each week, I have to email the coordinator a picture of my feet on the scale, showing the number. It's a little bit humbling.  

Notice the little toes supervising, making sure I didn't take one foot off...

For added motivation to me, I've decided to post my weekly weight on my blog. I'm not asking for encouragement.  Just knowing that readers will know if I snuck that Twix PB bar or peanut butter M&M's or ate the leftover mac-n-cheese will make me think twice about doing it...

We're 3 weeks in, and I am currently in 14th place overall, but came in 2nd this week. It's slow and steady - I don't have a personal trainer or chef. But I figure if I continue at this pace, by the end of 9 more weeks, I ought to be pretty happy with what shows up on the scale.  And if I keep it up, I may just win the $500 1st place prize.  A good start on a new "skinny" wardrobe!

No comments: