Friday, September 12, 2008

Anyone up for a brisk morning swim?

During another lapse in judgement a few weeks ago, I signed up for the Pacific Grove International Triathlon.  Tomorrow is race day, and I'm wondering what the heck I was thinking.  

Leaving the house at 5:30 am to go for a mile swim in the OCEAN is not exactly how I envision the ideal Saturday morning.  But come starting time, I'll feel that rush of adrenaline that is a bit addicting, and I'll jump in that kelp-filled water and swim my heart out.
  

Then I'll jump on my bike and ride 26 miles along the beautiful coastline course, admiring the beauty of the world in which I live.  Then, I'll drop my bike and run 6.2 miles along Cannery Row, and thank God every step of the way that my body is healthy and whole and strong.  And when I cross that finish line, I will run straight into the arms of a supportive, encouraging man who is willing to chauffeur me around to races and cheer for me every step of the way.  

And then I'll collapse for a week.

1 comment:

The DeVito's said...

Good luck! I admire you for doing those things. That's not AT ALL how I picture my ideal Saturday!