Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Artsy Side

I like to think of myself as a relatively creative person.  I love to sew, create cute cards and scrapbook.  But when it comes to painting, drawing, etc., I struggle.

I have had this giant tv box in our house for 3 weeks, trying to figure out how to craft a sort of realistic looking boat, to use for the FAME program at Olivia's school next week.  

I started out drawing the boat on the entire box front, full height.  Steve looked at it and said "It looks like a cardboard box with lines on it.  That wouldn't float".  He was right, it looked ridiculous once I stood back and really looked at it.  (Wish I'd have taken a picture of that part of it...)

After a few modifications, several coats of paint, a little patience, and a huge reduction in personal expectations, I have produced a semi-believable boat.


Michelangelo I'm not.  But it will have to do!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It turned out great. The water looks awesome too. You're way too creative.

Ashley said...

That is a great boat! I am impressed! And Grant being a basketball is the funniest thing I've heard all day. Looks like he got some of your creativity!