Monday, July 28, 2008

On His Own Two Wheels

Jack is starting kindergarten next month. Growing up, leaving the nest. On two wheels.



Yesterday we went down to our local elementary school parking lot for a riding session. Steve, Grant & Olivia rode down, and Jack and I drove down with his bike. He's been riding his Razor scooter a lot lately, which has greatly helped with his balancing skills. It didn't take much help from Steve for Jack to get the hang of balancing and steering, and before we knew it, he was riding on his own. He screamed as he rode past me - I'm not sure if it was fear or excitement or pride, or maybe a little of all three!

I can't believe that's my baby girl...how did she get so grown up?

Grant loved the ride, and didn't want to take his helmet off!

I sense some evening rides the next few weeks - it was a great way to burn off some excess energy and get fresh air.  Makes for pleasant bedtimes too...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's so big! I can't believe it! I love when he screamed going past you! How exciting!

Funnoo said...

Hi Rhett,

I'm David, I don't think you remember me but I was in the Santa Cruz Branch. You were serving there in Ofra I think.
I have been trying to find you for 10 years but I never was able to find some Elders or Sisters. I was 18 years (maybe 19) in that time
and look at me now, I'm 31. I still have your nametag and it's funny to see that I still have these things inside of a box.
I remember I tried to be your friend but you were very serious. Anyway, I never gave up and I'm proud of it. You weren't like
the others and that's cool. Sorry for my English, I know it's not perfect.
I would like to keep in touch with you and with other missionaries I had a friendship or 'strange friendship' with them. I found your blog
and this help me to find you. I don't know if you remember me or if you will write back, but I'm happy to see you are married and life is
treating you well.
Once again, thanks for reading.
Send me an email.

funnoo@gmail.com is my personal mail.