Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Grandma Dearie


As I mentioned in the previous post, we spent the 4th of July weekend in Utah, in honor of my Grandma Mildred's 90th birthday!  She is a charming, classy woman who has lived a full life to this point.

The weekend was full of family gatherings, including a visit to the cemetery where my Grandpa Joe is buried in Salt Lake.  Looking at all the relatives, it was amazing to realize what 2 people had started!  

It was wonderful to see her, and have her meet Grant - although with over 30 great-grandchildren, I don't expect her to remember him!  

I hope that I am lucky enough to live as long as she has, with good health and a family who loves me.  There isn't much more to want in life.

1 comment:

emily, etc, etc said...

It was a fun weekend and I loved seeing everyone. I have to say though, that picture is darling of you, your kids and Grandma...but whoa...who are the idiots in the background, oh wait that's us!!