Wednesday, July 9, 2008

5 Things I Love About Jack...


Last Saturday was Jack's 5th birthday.  We spent the weekend in Utah, with a lot of extended family.  It was probably the biggest party Jack will ever have...there were about 50 people there!

In honor of this milestone, here are 5 things I love about Jack:

1.  Whenever anyone asks how he is, he replies "Great"...even if he's not.  Case in point, he's had a massive ear infection and raging fever this week, yet when I ask how he's feeling, he says "Great!"

2.  He is so kind to his little brother.  Even when it's frustrating to have toys taken away, be pushed or shoved or yelled at, Jack treats Grant with complete gentleness and love.

3.  His laugh is contagious.  He giggles so easily, and at things that aren't necessarily funny.  And even if I'm angry, when he starts to laugh, I do too.

4.  His strong will...although it can be tough dealing with a strong-willed child, I know that his steadfastness will help him as he deals with challenges that lie ahead.  He makes us his mind and doesn't waver.

5.  His soft voice and tender heart...he does not like loud noises (he even covers his ears in Primary singing time sometimes!) or crowds.  He prefers calm and quiet...I think he got that from me!

I am so happy to be his mommy, and love another 5,000 things about him!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest post! I love Jack too! What a doll! I was wondering where you guys have been! Welcome home! I've missed you. We've gotta get together sometime soon!

Ashley said...

He is adorable! I love that he always says he is "great." How cute.