Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A little potty talk

As some of you know, potty training Jack was a bit of a chore.  He was resistant and terrified, and it nearly took a miracle, not to mention truckloads of patience, to finally have success.  

Jack, in the potty-training stage...

Grant has been showing interest in the potty the past couple of weeks, and has been coming to tell me when he's got a dirty diaper.  Yesterday during lunch, Grant made a face and said "boop".  I asked if he had to go, he said yes.  I then asked if he wanted to go on the potty, and again, he said yes.  I took him into the bathroom, undressed him and sat him on the toilet.  About a minute later, it happened...potty success!  He had quite a surprised look on his face, and clapped and said "Yeah!".  I had to mirror those sentiments!

I sort of thought it might be a fluke, a one-time thing.  Then today, he came to me again, sat on the potty and did his business quite quickly.  

Grant is insistent on taking all his clothes off to sit on the potty.  I'll do whatever it takes!

While I'm not running out to buy little underwear, I am optimistic and hopeful that he will be easier to transition than Jack was.  And I will find something fun to do with the money I save when no longer spending it on diapers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that he gets totally naked to sit on the toilet. That's the best! Cute pics! Can't wait for Mallory to be that excited to sit on her little seat.