Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

I love Mother's Day. Although I am unlike many of my friends, who like to be away from their kids on Mother's Day. I love to spend my day with the kids...being a mom!

Steve and the kids made a great breakfast...Jack mixed the pancakes, Olivia made the scrambled eggs all by herself and Grant supervised. The kids each had handmade cards/gifts for me. Steve had given me an early Mother's Day gift last month...my iPhone, which I love!

I wanted a picture with the kids, but was mortified when I saw this. Maybe it's just the angle, but I look about 50 to me, and my face is puffy from the tears I shed when I read the kids cards. This picture won't win me any beauty contests, but someday, I might look back on it and smile and think I looked pretty good. We'll see.

We spent the morning at church, then came home, ate lunch and headed to the park. It makes me happy to see the kids playing together, and enjoying each other so much.

I am thankful to be a mom, and love my kids more each day. Most days, it couldn't get any better.
Grant is my little sunshine, full of energy and joy.

Jack is becoming braver and bolder by the day. He used to be terrified of climbing/sliding/swinging and now he can't get enough!

"Paris Hilton" in training...Olivia picked out these glasses herself - can you tell?

1 comment:

emily, etc, etc said...

I don't think you look old. No 50 year old would ever wear that top - it is far too fashionable! Anyway, I think you are right...someday you will look at that picture and long to look that great again. Glad you had a good day.