Thursday, May 22, 2008

I LOVE American Idol!


I thoroughly enjoyed American Idol this season.  For the first time, I watched it from the very beginning - with the crazy auditions - all the way through to the end.  It was definitely my "must see TV" of the week.  I enjoyed witnessing the progression of the contestants, and seeing them find their voice (no pun intended there) on stage.  

Watching the finale last night, I was like a kid on the first day of school.  We recorded it on our DVR, and started watching about 45 minutes into it so we wouldn't have to sit through the commercials.  I anxiously awaited the results, and watched 2 hours of great music performances getting there.  I was touched by all the music, and kept thinking what an amazing opportunity this was for both David's.  

I was betting on David A., but secretly hoping that David C. would take it.  David A. is amazing. But he is also very young, and doesn't have the same polished stage presence that David C. brought to the show.  

So when David C.'s name was announced, I nearly jumped off the couch!  And then, our blankety-blank DVR abruptly cut off, as it was 10:00.  And so I missed his winning performance.  I was so mad!  I ran in and got online trying to find it, which I couldn't, and went to bed almost hysterical.  

I woke up this morning and got online again, and this time was able to find it and watch it...4 times in a row!

The emotion he showed touched me, and I was also touched by his respect and regard for David A.  A true star...and he's only just begun.  I just downloaded his song from iTunes, and will be first in line to buy his album.  Way to go David Cook!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that you went to bed hysterical. =o) You crack me up. Don't you just LOVE David Cook?! I'm so excited for his CD to come out. I love your playlist of songs on the side of your blog. I'm going to have to copy you!