Sunday, June 1, 2008

Metamorphosis

Olivia had her first swim meet yesterday (and to update you, Jack decided to wait until next year - good choice, I think).  It was FREEZING cold.  Steam was coming off the pool, which was only about 75 degrees warm.  



Olivia swam 4 events - Backstroke in the Medley relay, 25m Freestyle, 25m Butterfly and leg 3 of the Freestyle Relay.  

Last year, when Olivia swam butterfly, she looked a bit like an epileptic fish.  It's a tough stroke, and hard to make it look graceful.

Yesterday was another story.  Here's the video of Olivia, smoking the competition.



She spent the time between events curled up under as many towels as possible, trying to stay warm, with a giant smile on her face.  Four hours of waiting, for about 2 minutes of swim time.  Is it worth it?  Absolutely.

4 comments:

Laura said...

That was awesome!! Good job Olivia!

Kendall said...

WOW!! I am so proud of her. Watching her makes me miss caoching kids her age. Maybe I should get back into it. Tell her she has beautiful form and it looks like butterfly is going to be her main stroke. GO OLIVIA!!

Ryan and Renee said...

That was so awesome. I did swim team for many years and the girls that did the butterfly were the coolest! It is such a hard stroke. She rocks!

emily, etc, etc said...

WOW! After five years of swim team I can honestly tell you that I never got the butterfly down that well. She looks so great! I would have been the proudest mother there.