Sunday, August 8, 2010

When 3 turns 4

On this day in 2006, this little man rounded out our family.


He was completely bald.


Today, he still rounds out our family.

We celebrated at Goofy's Kitchen, in the Disneyland Hotel

And he has a full head of deliciously curly hair.


In honor of his birthday, here are four facts about Grant at four years old:

1. He is more coordinated than any child I've ever seen. He can jump, climb, skip, and run higher and faster than most 5 or 6 year olds. He throws a ball long, hard, and fast. He can balance on a skateboard and swing a golf club. I have a feeling that all seasons will be filled with sports for this guy...and I'm banking on an athletic scholarship to pay for his education.


2. He has the attitude of an over-indulged teenager. I don't know where he gets it. As an example, driving in the car last week, he was debating a subject with me. He was insisting he was right. I looked at him and said "Grant, stop arguing with me." He looked right back and said "Now you listen here...YOU don't argue with ME!" What do you say to that????


3. His favorite shows are not the typical 4-year old shows. No Sesame Street, Dora, or Diego for him. He prefers Harry Potter, Star Wars, and iCarly. Chalk it up to having older siblings...but I miss "Elmo's World".

He's been talking for months about wanting a "light saver" and a Star Wars watch for his birthday. Thanks to Nan (grandma), he got both!

4. He has the language skills of a six-year old. I sometimes forget that he's only 4 (or 3, until today). He has an amazing vocabulary, and uses words like "inappropriate", "appreciate" and "prefer" in the proper context.

Grant adds amazing energy to our house. He's loud, smart, rambunctious, adorable, and all boy. I know that if that energy is properly channeled, he's destined for greatness.


Happy Birthday Grant...we love you!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the picture of you all in the hospital. Jack with his finger in his mouth, Olivia looking like the little girl I'll always think of her as. Gosh .. time just flies on by doesn't it? Happy Happy Birthday Grant! We're SO glad you're ALL boy! We love EVERYTHING about you!!

Ashley said...

I agree with Stef--the hospital picture is totally how your family is frozen in my mind too! That baby picture of Grant is the most adorable thing ever! What a fun birthday celebration. You are such a good mom! And I am still dying over the isharks . . . beyond incredible!