Tuesday, August 24, 2010

It's that time of year once again...

Yesterday, I spent the afternoon doing this:


It was the first really hot day of the summer . . . you know, the one where it's too hot to do anything other than lay by (or in) the pool. Today is even hotter. It's also the first day of school. Go figure.

We hustled about this morning, packing lunch and snacks in the new lunch boxes, putting on new clothes, and I even took the time to flat-iron Olivia's hair (a side note on that one...it won't be happening again until picture day. She's got a lot of hair, and it has a mind of its own!).

We set out on our drive, enjoying the view along the way.


We now live a mere 4 minutes from school. After 6+ years of a much longer commute, this is heaven.

Jack and Olivia obliged my request for the annual "back to school" photo on the front steps of the main building.

They then ran off to greet their friends and play on the playground.

I managed to find Jack lined up before entering his Mrs. Henderson's classroom.

He let me hug him and give him a kiss. He was a little nervous.

I never got to say goodbye or good luck to Olivia. Apparently, she's too old for those youthful practices now. But I did manage to snap a picture of her in her classroom without her noticing.


For the next 2 years, all three kids will be in one school. How lucky is that? Tomorrow, Grant will begin preschool, and I'll be child-free for 3 full days a week. What will I be doing with my time? Stay tuned for the update...







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe school is starting again! It's crazy! It's also crazy that it started a week ago up here. I can't believe summer is over.

It's like 106 up here today. Ridiculous that we FINALLY have some heat!

Enjoy your days off! Can't wait to hear about all the fun stuff you do!

Ashley said...

Cute, cute kids! And sweet, sweet freedom three days a week! I am totally eager to hear how you will spend your time. I am sooooo jealous of your pool today--we are dying over here. Guess I've been spoiled by the cool weather!