Saturday, April 25, 2009

Garden Guests

With our new fence in place, we are able to witness all the wildlife that is around us.  It seems as though there are hundreds of birds (stealing my strawberries, I might add...) who frequent the trees and bushes behind the house.

Last night while I was doing dishes, I looked out the window and saw these friends...


One deer in particular was especially interested in what was inside the barb wire fence...but couldn't quite figure out how to get to it.  Can't you just see the longing in his eyes?


After giving up on eating the tasty greens growing on my side of the fence, he laid down and just stood watch for nearly an hour.  

It's nice to be so close to nature - and I just have to hope they don't get desperate enough to jump the fence.  Don't mess with the garden Bambi...or you'll have to deal with ME!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the last line of this post. I would hate for that poor deer to get on your bad side. =o) Scary.