Saturday, November 15, 2008

Storytelling

I signed up for an online class called "Stories In Hand" through Jessica Sprague's website.  It started on Monday.  The first few days were spent creating an adorable binder, full of memory "sparks", intended to jog my memory and help me capture and recount the stories of my life.  More than just the remarkable ones, many of the prompts are for the everyday events that helped shape me into the person I am today.  



Just in reading the prompts, I have recalled things I had nearly forgotten. Many good memories. Some not so good. This is an emotional journey - there are parts of my life that I would prefer to leave alone.  And yet those experiences also molded me and prepared me for the life I now lead.

Since I don't keep a handwritten journal, my blog is sort of my every day record of what's happening in my life.  And at some point, I intend to have it printed into a book (I'm sure it will be a bestseller...)

So now begins a new chapter of my blog: the storytelling one.  

No comments: