Monday, October 6, 2008

2-For-1

Steve's and my birthdays fall just one day apart.  His is the day before.  We always (well, almost always) do a big to-do for his day, and then we're all birthday'd out for mine the next day.  

I made a yummy chocolate layer cake for Steve.  We decorated it with chocolate frosting and sprinkles, and plopped the "41" candles on it.  We ate half.



The next night, after a scrumptious dinner at PF Chang's, we came home, put new candles on the cake, turned it around, and Voila! A brand new cake!

You can't even tell that half the cake is missing!

I'm pretty sure Grant ate about half the cake all by himself!

Perhaps I should be irritated that I baked my own birthday cake.  But I'm not.  I was just happy to be able to eat chocolate cake guilt-free two nights in a row.  

3 comments:

The DeVito's said...

Happy Birthday! I didn't know it was your birthday. Glad it was a great one. I would love the excuse to eat cake twice in a row.

Anonymous said...

I love that you used the same cake twice. You really can't tell it was half eaten. So funny. Happy Happy Birthday!

emily, etc, etc said...

Those are great pictures! Very clever. Happy Birthday to you both!