Monday, October 20, 2008

It's Too Scary...

Grant loves watching movies.  He would watch movies all day long if I'd let him.  It started with movies like Finding Nemo, Elmo in Grouchland, and the like.  

Then, over the summer, I bought the live human version of Scooby Doo for Olivia when she had her mouth surgery.  I thought it would be a fun distraction as she was recovering.  It was the most ridiculous movie ever, but for some reason, Grant LOVED it.  

One day a couple of weeks ago, he discovered Harry Potter in our movie cabinet.  

He was insistent upon watching it, and wouldn't take no for an answer.  (I know, you're asking "Who's the parent here?", and the answer is "After 100 times of asking, I finally gave in" - I know, I'm a push-over).  He had croup, wasn't feeling well and I needed a break from the whining.  So I turned it on.

He was mesmerized.  He sat through the whole entire thing without moving an inch.  And then he wanted to watch it again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  

He'd peek through his fingers during the "scary" parts...
which make up the majority of the movie!

Then, one night last week, he came downstairs after I tucked him into bed.  We told him he needed to go back upstairs to bed.  Then, with a big smile on his face, he calmly informed us "It's too scary.  Monster from Harry Potter in Grant's bed.  It's too scary."

Then he proceeded to lay down on the family room floor and go right to sleep.    

Harry Potter has mysteriously disappeared, wonder where it could be???

No comments: