Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The definition of stress

Several months ago, a good friend of mine told me the true definition of STRESS:

"It's when you can't possibly take on one more thing, and you find yourself opening your mouth and saying "Sure, I'd be glad to.""  That's it, in a nutshell.

I enjoy the many different interests, separately, in my life.  I enjoy my church calling, and the good feelings that result from my service.  I enjoy volunteering at Olivia's school, teaching the FAME (Fine Arts Mini Experience) program each month.  I enjoy the extra-curricular activities that each of the kids participate in, and the feelings of confidence, success and self-satisfaction they are creating in each of them.  I enjoy (mostly) the tasks and chores that come with being a stay-at-home-mom - I don't mind cooking, picking up toys, doing laundry, etc., and take pride in being a good housewife (by industry standards of course...)

And yet some days, when everything is happening at once, and everyone needs me in every different location, this is how I feel:
Today is one of those days.


No comments: