Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Name That Shape

Olivia started Geometry this week in school.  She's in 3rd Grade.  Geometry was not my strong subject, and 20 years out of school has not increased my knowledge.

Yesterday, she had a homework assignment naming some various geometric shapes.  She and I were both stumped on this one:


Jack, watching from over our shoulders, piped up and announced "It's a trapezoid".  While my first reaction was that he was an absolute genius, I quickly (and calmly) asked him how he knew that.  He said "From my Diego game on my Leapster". 

So all the time he spends playing video games on the computer and his Leapster has not gone to waste.  He's actually learned something.  And being able to correctly identify a trapezoid will get him far in life, I'm sure of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course he's an absolute genius!! You didn't have to tell us he learned it from Leapster! =o) That's too funny.

Kendall said...

I think Jack is a genius. That's a hard word to say let alone remember. GO JACK!!! By the way, your kids are adorable and getting so big. We miss Fremont so much. Have a good week.