Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Week in The Life...

Sometimes I try and remember what life was like pre-kids. What did Steve and I do in the evenings and on weekends? What did we talk about?

Life is ultra busy now, and there's not enough time for all we want to do, let alone need to do. I haven't taken the time to post as things have taken place, so here's a brief recap of what's happened in the past 14 days around the Whitaker Household:

  • 15 Wizard of Oz performances, attended by many friends and family. The end was bittersweet - it's been a wonderful experience in so many ways, but I think our entire family is a bit relieved that it's over.  No more late nights, braids, wig caps, make-up, costumes and the like to deal with!
Olivia & the "Lion" after the final performance
  • Revolving door for house guests - between both sets of my parents, Steve's mom, and friends, I've changed the sheets on the guest bed more than in the past year combined!  I'm not complaining though, I love having company, and the kids have enjoyed all the extra attention.
  • Quick trip to Utah for a friend's wedding (no kids or hubby, just me!).  Caught up with old friends, visited with my 90+ year old grandma and favorite aunt.
Tiffany (the bride), Jenni and I all served our missions together in the Canary Islands many years ago.  Even though we don't see each other often, when we get together, it's like not a moment has passed since all those years ago!
    It was such a treat to visit with my Aunt Catharine - who now feels more like a dear friend than an aunt.  We went together to visit my Grandma, who was so surprised to see me!

  • Put together a memory book for Jack's kindergarten teacher's 60th birthday - "60 things we love about you", which ended up being a bigger project than originally anticipated.  But it's finished and ready to give tomorrow!
  • Attended HNTB holiday party with Steve at The City Club in San Francisco.  A beautiful evening, and a wonderful night out with my sweet husband.

It was so fun to get all dressed up and have a night out on the town!

While I sometimes miss aspects of those child-free days of years ago, I love the life I'm living.  And I know soon enough, the kids will be grown and gone, and Steve and I will look at each other and laugh as we remember the crazy days that we now call life.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are one busy woman. Sounds like you've been having a great time though. You look gorgeous in that picture with Steve - I love that dress.

emily, etc, etc said...

You look so pretty in that bottom picture (you look great in all of them too) - I love the wrap.