Thursday, August 13, 2009

Almost Famous


The phone rang this afternoon. I answered, and this is how the conversation went:

Me: "Hello, this is Alyson" (I answer this way when I don't recognize the number on my cell. Might be someone important.)

Caller: "Hi, this is ____ from Peak Performance Physical Therapy." (giggle, giggle) "You were here earlier today?" (why I was getting physical therapy is another story)

Me: "Yes"

Caller: "Well," (giggle, giggle) "We were just eating lunch, and saw the Tri-City Voice" (giggle, giggle) "There is an article on the front page that says it's written by Alyson Whitaker," (giggle, giggle) "and we were wondering if that was you."
(My article on the Hayward Zucchini Festival made the front page this week)

Me: "Yes, that is me. I write for the paper."

Caller: "Oh my gosh! That is so cool!" (giggle, giggle) "We just had to call and ask if it was you!"

Me: "Yep, it's me..."

Caller: "OK, we'll see you at your next appointment. That is so cool...I can't believe it's you! OK, bye!"

Me: "OK...bye"

This was my first glimpse at what it feels like to be famous, even just a little bit...and I have to say, it was flattering, and more than a little amusing!

2 comments:

The DeVito's said...

YAY! You are going to be famous! Keep the "little people" in mind when you are!

Ryan and Renee said...

that is so funny! I think I would break into laughter if that happened to me. How fun to be a little famous!