Monday, February 23, 2009

Confessions

When I got up this morning, I had every intention of going to the gym right after the kids left for school.  I got all dressed to work out.  I had my gym bag packed and ready to go, waiting by the door.  My iPod was fully charged.

Then, right after the kids left, the phone rang.  Then I remembered I had some bills to pay.  Then the phone rang again.  My time was tight at this point.  OK, I thought, I'll just work out at home today.  I pulled out a DVD workout and was ready to go upstairs and turn it on.  Then, I remembered I had one piece of cheesecake left in the fridge.   That called my name far more than the DVD.  So I sat down with my book in the kitchen and ate the cheesecake, savoring every bite.  

I never got around to the workout.  

There's always tomorrow, right?

3 comments:

5 ibarras said...

Al,
i've had many a morning like yours....except i'm sure it happens more frequently for me than it does for you :)

Anonymous said...

You work out WAY more than anyone I know. I'm sure you needed that cheesecake. That sounds like my day .. every day. Today mine way a 1/4 of my Rocky Road Ice Cream was left in the container and needed to be eaten. I didn't even bother to put it in a bowl. I thought about walking this afternoon, but it looks cold outside. =o) I have an excuse for EVERYTHING.

The DeVito's said...

I would take cheesecake over a workout ANY day!