Thursday, December 18, 2008

Why We Don't Give Birth To Two-Year-Olds

This has been a week where I'd consider trading my toddler in for a lump of coal. Between the fits of independence (everything from getting dressed to taking out the trash to buckling/unbuckling in the carseat warrants a scream of "I do it all by myself!"), potty-training accidents, and the messes he makes on a daily...no make that hourly...basis, my patience is worn thin.

I had a ball of yarn sitting on my stairs yesterday, just waiting for me to make a trip upstairs to put it away. Guess who found it...and  took it on a trip around the house...

Yep, you guessed it!



Through the kitchen, around the table...

across the hallway...

around the fireplace...

and back through the kitchen!

And then he smiled at me, hugged me and said "I yuv you mommy" and I thought "Terrible Two's?  What's that?"



2 comments:

The DeVito's said...

That yarn reminds me of the cartoon Family Circus!

Our So Called Life said...

Alyson,
Emily is right there with Grant! All I hear is "No, my turn!" and "Wait here!" But at the same time, she wants me to hold her and carry her everywhere. I don't get it! But it is worth it...especially when they say "yuv you mommy"!
I miss you guys so much! Have a very Merry Christmas!
Love,
Katie