Sunday, December 14, 2008

Olivia's Broadway Debut

Olivia is participating in StarStruck Theater's production of The Wizard of Oz.  She has a role as a munchkin and a poppy.  It has been an amazing experience for her, and we have seen her confidence and abilities increase greatly.

This past week, we received a call from a lady in our ward asking if Olivia would like to participate in our Christmas party program, singing a song from Wizard of Oz.  As a munchkin, she's singing "Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead"...not exactly Christmas party fare.  But she also has learned "Somewhere Over The Rainbow".  Olivia was written into the script and given a dozen or so lines to memorize, which she did perfectly!  And when it was her time to sing, she rocked the house (I know, I sound like one of those obnoxious stage moms.  I can't help it.  I'm proud...and I thought she was amazing!)



The stage was decorated like an Arctic Wonderland, and the kids all did a great job.  After Olivia's singing, she was in costume as a penguin (she's the one in the red skirt, of course!)


It makes me happy to see her blossoming into a confident, talented, capable young woman. Even now, I don't know that I'd have the confidence or courage to stand up and sing in front of 200 people without a single waver in my voice.

Broadway, here she comes!

4 comments:

The Knutsen Family said...

Watch out Kristen Chenowith, that is one "WICKED" voice!!!!

Anonymous said...

Alyson - thanks for leaving a comment on my blog...seems like the mission was a lifetime ago, doesn't it? I am happy to see that you have a darling family and that you are happy!

Love,
Mary Jane :)

Laura said...

Olivia did a beautiful job....wow...she made me cry! Watch out world!

emily, etc, etc said...

WOW! She is really talented. Seriously she did such a great job. I have heard a lot of girls her age sing in show auditions (I used to do lots of shows) and I have to tell you that was amazing. I am super impressed. Great Job Olivia!!!!