Monday, January 14, 2008

New Jeans are good for the ego...


I was at Nordstrom this weekend, shopping for some much needed new jeans. I've been watching what I eat, and working out more, but I still grabbed my customary size 10's. They were too long, but felt pretty comfy. I asked the saleswoman about hemming them, and she suggested I try on a pair of 8's. Skeptically, I agreed. The size 8's felt about the same as the 10's, and were still a bit long. When she suggested I try a size 6, I looked at her like she had lost her mind. However, I relented. I put them on, and was actually able to zip them up without laying down, and I could still breathe! I ran to the counter and bought them before I woke up from this dream...I don't even remember the last time, if ever, I bought a size 6 jeans. I'm still not convinced...I think maybe there was an error in the manufacturing. But at least for now, I'll parade my bootie around and tell everyone who will listen (okay, maybe not everyone!) that the jeans are a SIZE 6!!!!!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Ooooh they look cute, and going down 2 sizes is incredibly wonderful!!! I must say though that my philosophy is to always buy jeans that feel too tight in the store--they will stretch out and fit perfectly when you get home. Which means you are really a SIZE 4!!!

Anonymous said...

I think it's like a little miracle when you can find a great pair of jeans. My friend Brenda always says - "if you find a pair of jeans that fit, buy them!" That's my philosophy too ... but not when they come with a $200 price tag. I made that mistake once. You almost feel like you can't wear them all the time - they cost too much! Anyways .. you're a hot mom!

Laura said...

Good for you! The smallest I ever fit in was a size 8! I'm impressed! Maybe after this baby comes, I can start working on the problem areas (butt and tummy). You've ispired me! Those jeans look fabulous on you!

emily, etc, etc said...

Hi Alyson, I discovered your blog through Michelle. Can I just say I had the same thing happen last year and I too also ran out of the store screaming Halleluah hoping I wouldn't wake from the blissful dream. I really did wear them as much as possible and told everyone I was wearing a size 6. That is pretty exciting - Congratulations for sure!