Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I am blessed with good friends

Charlie, Grant & Mallory

Yesterday, a group of friends from church all came over for a little luncheon/play date with the kids. Several of us had babies just months apart, so now they're all toddling around. There were about 9 adults, and too many kids to count! I am thankful for the friends that I have made through the years through my association in the church. No matter where I go, I can find amazing women of all ages who inspire, motivate, uplift and amuse me. I'm at the stage of life where I'm on the "older" end of the "young mothers", which is a weird place to be. I don't feel as old as I am, nor do I feel as old as I thought I'd feel at this age...I hope that youthful feeling stays with me for a long time! And I am so thankful to all of you, my friends, for the light you bring to my life!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Love the picture! I had so much fun yesterday. You are only on the "older end of the young moms" because our ward (your ward) is such an odd mix of very young and then older with so few in between! You are totally a "young mom" still! We just need more moms in their 40s around to emphasize that!

Anonymous said...

Super cute picture! Hey .. love your new layout too! It's super cute! It makes mine look lame! I love seeing our kids together - they're adorable aren't they? I don't see you on the "older" end. I think of you as being my sister's age - 30. You're 30 aren't you? =o) You're a young mom and your hip - or at least you will be when we find you some boots for your hot jeans! =o)

emily, etc, etc said...

Grant is very cute. I need to meet him - maybe we should have a big party for Grandma Dearie's 90th birthday; then I could meet all these new little cousins. You should move to my ward - I visit teach a woman who didn't get married until she was 39 - she has an almost three year old. Half of my ward is like that; people in their 30's and 40's with little babies and kids. None the less, I don't think 35 is all that old; Lisa is nearly 40 and she is still seems pretty young and cute.

Alyson said...

Just had to say thanks for the votes of confidence regarding my age...you guys are the best!
And, you'll be glad to hear that I did get some hip boots while shopping at Target Monday night. They're just above the ankle, dark brown with square toe and good heel. They're not incredibly comfortable, but hopefully they'll break in well. And the best part - they were on clearance for $6.97! A definite improvement over my slip-on Merrill's!

Anonymous said...

Okay Al - I have to admit that I too am sometimes shocked to drive up to my house in my huge suburban, filled with kids and realize that "oh my heck, this is my house, my car, and my kids"! When and how did this all happen! I can't believe for a second that I'm almost 35 and where I'm at in life - where I used to think was "old" when I was a teenager or in my early twenties. It is true - time goes by WAY too fast. Don't you ever think though - is this really my life, and how blessed am I to have such a wonderful life?