Monday, October 8, 2007

We've come a long way, baby...


Last week, Steve & I celebrated our 10th anniversary. I had all good intentions of posting that day - October 4, and writing something mushy, gushy to my sweetie. But between school volunteering, soccer practice and other errands, I just ran out of time. So here I am, 5 days later, writing a belated Happy Anniversary post! Better late than never, right?


Hard to believe how far we've come in 10 years. Several hairstyles, 4 houses, 11 cars (yes, I said 11) a few pounds, 3 kids and NO regrets later, I have to admit that it's nothing like I expected when I said "I do" 10 years ago. It's so much better!


When I think of how close I came to almost marrying someone else, I must say now that I believe in Divine Intervention. Walking into HNTB that first day as a temp receptionist, I had no idea that my life would take such a turn. Steve and I joke that it was love at first sight, but it wasn't really...I just saw something in him that I wanted more of. And who knew that my impressions of him as a "Huntington Beach Bad Boy" would turn out so wrong?


It doesn't feel like 10 years, and yet I can't remember my life without him - and if we live to be 150, it still won't be enough time together here on earth. Happy Anniversary Honey...I love you!

No comments: