Tuesday, April 10, 2007

What is a "Blog" anyway?

Well, I've decided to jump on the "blogwagon" and start keeping track of my life. I had a resolution this year to be better at writing about what's happening in our family, how I feel about things, etc., and I think I've only written about 5 times so far this year. Not enough...

So, I'm hoping that this will be a good solution for me. I spend time at the computer every day, and I certainly type faster than I write, so we'll give it a try.

What's happening in my life? Olivia is on Spring Break from school right now, giving us an excuse to be a little lazy in the mornings. After 5 loads of laundry, we went to the gym for a run (training for the Danskin Triathlon in June), followed by errands and a stop at the park for a little playtime.

It's amazing to me how fast the kids are growing up. Jack swings on the big kid swings now, and can do it without pushing! Yahoo! His little legs pump him up so high, it makes me nervous. And Olivia can easily reach a bar now that she couldn't even jump to last year. How does that happen?

Grant got his first tooth today - it's been working it's way in for about 3 weeks now. Thus begins the next year of teething pain, biting, chewing, oral exploration, etc. It also marks the end of an era of toothless baby grins in our family. I'll miss those...but look forward to the toothy grins that are to come.

Three kids make for busy days, and nights too, sometimes. But I can't imagine doing anything else at this stage of life. I love being home full-time (a bit of an oxymoron, as I rarely am actually at home these days!) and feel completely fulfilled by my duties. Olivia asked me yesterday when parents get "Spring Break", and I giggled as I thought about it. I told her that I'd get my spring break when all my kids are grown up and moved out of the house. So for now, I'll enjoy my year-round job of mom, while I continue to define the other parts of me as well.

No comments: