Tuesday, February 4, 2014

"Udderly" Hilarious

I know I'm months behind in blogging. A lot has transpired in the last 5 months that I hope to try and capture in the weeks to come. But I had a recent conversation with Jack that left me in near hysterics, and I don't want to forget it.

The boys were scheduled for their annual physical this week. I mentioned it to them over dinner one night, and Grant asked what a "physical" entailed. We had a brief discussion about it, and I did my best to summarize what all the doctor would be looking at and checking for. Grant asked if the doctor would look at his "privates", and again, I did my best to give him the information he needed to not feel any anxiousness over the appointment.

I told the boys that even grown ups have physicals. In fact, I had mine just a few months ago. I explained some of the things the doctor did, and I thought that was that. Then Jack asked rather sheepishly, "When you had your physical, did the doctor check your udders?"

I nearly spewed water all over the table. I wasn't sure if I heard him right.

"My what" I asked, with as straight a face as possible. His fifth grade class recently has been learning about the body . . . did he mean "uterus" and just mispronounce it?

"Your udders" he repeated. "You know, the things that made milk when we were babies."



It's true there were times I felt like a cow while nursing my babies. But udders??? I nearly died laughing. But not in front of him, of course :)


3 comments:

Kayelynn said...

That really is hilarious! Thanks for the good laugh! Hope you are having a great week!

Jenny said...

That is so cute I just want to pinch his cheeks! HaHaHaHaHahahahahaha!

Jenny said...

That is so funny it makes me want to pinch his cheeks! bwahahahahahahah!