Thursday, August 25, 2011

The face of happiness at twelve

Olivia turned 12 years old today. (What???? 12???? What happened to the last 11 years???)

She's been dying for a new cell phone. (Apparently her cute little pink flip phone is soooo last year!)

She's also been begging for texting privileges (according to her, she's the ONLY one who wasn't allowed to text. I have a hard time believing that!)

After a whole lot of discussion and consideration, Steve and I decided it was time.

So, while we were waiting for our food to arrive at her birthday dinner, we handed her a small, wrapped box.










We laid out a few ground rules—no texting after 8pm on weeknights, 9pm on weekends, no texting at the dinner table, no texting when friends are over, we have the right to check her texts at any time without a fight, and the real clincher...no sassy attitude.

When I was 12, I got a cassette deck for my room. My, how things have changed...

Happy Birthday sweet girl!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love her face. I love your rules. I LOVE that you got a cassette deck for your 12th birthday. That made me laugh out loud. Things sure have changed. I got my ears pierced for my 12th birthday.

Happy Happy Birthday Olivia!!

emily, etc, etc said...

That is more than just the face of happiness...talk about the face of beauty too! She has always been darling, but oh my, she has grown into such a beautiful young woman!