Saturday, January 1, 2011

Out with the old, in with the new!



2010 was an eventful year for our family. Last January 1st, we had no intention of moving. Here we are, a year later, in a brand new town! The stress and hassle of moving twice in two months is a mere memory.

We sat down as a family tonight to set our annual goals/resolutions. We fell a little short in some areas, but it's a new year and time for a fresh start!

So, without further ado, here they are!

Steve:
Since he didn't master his goals last year, he's doing a solid repeat of 2010.

1. Get under 200 lbs. by June and sustain it through the year.
2. Lower golf index to a single digit handicap.
3. Continue for family to be #1 priority.

Olivia:

1. Do a kids triathlon
2. Stay healthy
3. Keep my room clean and organized all year long.
4. Continue my acting career.

Jack:

1. Do good in school.
2. Help mommy by keeping my room cleaner.
3. Get better at basketball, then join baseball in spring and be the very best swimmer.

Grant:

1. Keep my room clean.
2. Listen to my mother.
3. Learn to ride a 2-wheeler with no training wheels.

and last, but not least....my goals for the new year:

1. Lose 20 lbs. by June. (This includes the 15 I didn't lose last year, plus the 5 extra I gained in 2010. Ugh. Depressing, isn't it?)
2. Exercise 1 hour/day five days a week.
3. Read 15 books. (I surpassed this goal last year and have enjoyed discovering new authors, subjects, and writing styles.)
4. Branch out with my writing, and complete a book project. (I think I'm done writing about art exhibits and school board meetings)
5. Dedicate 1-2 hours a week on creative things. (I've got unfinished projects up the ying-yang. Some are holiday specific, which I had intended to complete this year. Didn't happen. But it will!)
6. Do a better job at keeping things tidy. I have a tendency to just dump when I'm in a hurry. Then things accumulate, and I get irritated with myself. If I can keep on top of it, I'll save myself (and my patient husband) a whole lot of irritation.

I will try and not beat myself up with unrealistic expectations. But I also feel the need to be a better person this year, and know that I can do it!

1 comment:

Corndog Queen said...

Hey -- when it gets warmer, do you want to run or bike or swim together some time? I plan to do another triathalon this Summer...

You are an inspiration. Happy New Year!