Monday, June 14, 2010

Top 10 Things I Love About Summer Vacation

School's officially out for the summer. To commemorate, here are the top 10 reasons I love summer vacation:

10. The lunch boxes can gather dust in the cupboard, unused for weeks, except for the occasional outing or picnic.


9. I can work out in the morning without worrying about rushing, or then being too stinky to show my face on school campus.


8. There's time for these in the afternoon, giving me a couple of hours of quiet bliss.


7. It stays light until nearly 9:00 (I actually have a love/hate relationship with Daylight Savings Time. It makes the 8:00 bedtime hard to enforce, but I love saving on our electricity bill).


6. My kids can substitute swimming for a bath. This creates some awesome hairstyles.


5. I get to show off my cute pedicure and get a tan line from my flip flops.


4. No homework to supervise, Thursday folders to review, fundraisers to participate in, or research projects to do.

Jack with his recent report on Humpback Whales.
This project was due two days before our final move.
It was not my best work. But Jack thought it was awesome.

3. I can drag my laptop outside and write my weekly newspaper articles from a lounge chair with this view...


2. I can slack off and let my kids do all the chores, with only a little bit of bribery.


And the number 1 reason I love summer vacation...

1. It will eventually end!

5 comments:

The DeVito's said...

I love your view! We definitely need to come out and take advantage of it more! Did you make a paper chain for the number of days til school starts?

FeLog said...

looks like fun! I need to borrow some of the books that you have reviewed.

wanda said...

Have you noticed how early it gets light in Pleasanton? This side of the hill makes a difference.

5 ibarras said...

"jack with 'HIS' report on humpback whales...it was not 'MY' best work"....lol, i love it :)

Anonymous said...

I like the chore board you have created and want to make one like that. What did you use, regular wood? And then did you just use vinyl for the words?