Thursday, December 24, 2009

Dear Santa...



While it might be a little late for an official letter to Santa, it only seems appropriate to jot down a few of the things on my "wish list" this year.

A Zojirushi Bread Maker—I love homemade bread, and would like to make more of it. My kids will eat homemade whole wheat bread, but don't like the stuff from the store. However, homemade bread takes time, and time is something I don't always have an excess of. With this, I can throw the ingredients in, and walk away, yet still reap all the benefits of doing it myself!



A new case for my iPhone. I got a pink one last year, which I love, and which is now completely thrashed. I want one just like it, but maybe in a less trendy color so it won't show the wear and tear after just a few weeks.



Classy and stylish golf apparel. Our new golf club membership has given me some incentive to get out there and improve my game. Since my score won't win me any awards (at least not yet), my clothing should make up for that.



A pair of silver hoop earrings. Nothing flashy. Just something to wear besides my studs (and by studs, I mean my diamond stud earrings, not hot men)


A pair of polarized sunglasses, that cost more than $10.00 and are comfy both on my eyes, and propped on my head. It's tough to find a pair that are both.



In addition, I would also like my kitchen floor to stay clean for more than one hour.


And I could use more quiet time to focus on my writing, fun sewing projects, scrapbooking, and other creative outlets.

However, as I think about having more time, and a clean kitchen floor, I realize that soon enough the kids will all be grown and I will have all the time in the world and my floor will likely stay clean for weeks at a time. And in the words of my dear 'ol dad, our Christmases will be filled with "ho hums instead of ho ho hos."

For now, I'll settle with sweeping my floor when I can, and bits and pieces of time when I get them. Now I gotta run...the kids are playing outside and I think I should join them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful list! I love it. I love that we have messes on our kitchen floors - it means we have little kids (and husbands) =o) and we have food to eat and stuff to spill. What a blessing. I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas and you get everything you want. Enjoy your time together when all the kids believe in the magic of Christmas and they are so young and innocent. I was just looking at Zachary on the floor, almost rolling over, and I think, "Kids grow up too fast! I want them to be little forever!" Merry Christmas!

Ashley said...

Love the list! I'm jealous that you get to wear golf clothes. I think they are so cute but I have no desire to golf. I do like the pink clubs though! The part about ho-hum instead of ho ho ho makes me sad! Merry Christmas! It's so fun with the little kids and all the mess!

Anonymous said...

I think I would settle for the clean floors for more than an hour! It's amazing how quickly floors get dirty and how you are the only one who seems to know how to clean them!