Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Remembering...

September 11 is a date that is hard to forget. It is the anniversary of the most awful event of my lifetime, when two airplanes hijacked by terrorists crashed into the World Trade Center, and two others were deliberately taken over and crashed as acts of terrorism. Six years ago today, the world as we knew it ended, and a new one began. One filled with increased security, a bit more fear, a bit more "racial profiling". It is a day that left many children motherless or fatherless, many parents with one less child.

I was thinking today how sad it is that my children don't know any other world. They don't really know what they're missing, but I do.

Even as I remember this awful day, I am thankful for all the good in the world, and in my life. And even though it might not always appear to be so, I know that good can, and will, triumph over evil.

No comments: