Thursday, November 29, 2012

Grateful

November is quickly coming to an end, and it's only appropriate for me to post about our Thanksgiving before it becomes a distant memory!

We opted to stay close to home this year—Steve's back just wasn't up to a long car ride down to So. Cal for our traditional holiday camping adventure and visit with his family.

We invited our good friends the Olsen's and the Joly's to join us for dinner. Neither of them have family close by, so it was fun to celebrate with good friends!

Here's a photo recap of the day:

The adults sat in the dining room.

The kids sat in the kitchen. Olivia helped make the cute silverware holders.

The veggie tray turned out perfect . . . it looked like something out of a magazine!


Steve started carving the turkey before I thought to take a picture, but it looked beautiful!


All the kids, just before dinner. Don't they look like they could all be related???


Katelyn & Maddy slept over, and the kids had fun lounging!

I am thankful for good friends who help fill the void left by not having family close by.

I am thankful for a warm house and no shortage of food to eat.

I am thankful for good health (and good health insurance for when we're not so healthy!). The past few months with Steve have been a good reminder that our health isn't something to be taken for granted!

I am thankful for three amazing kids, who test my patience, and give me more love than I ever thought possible.

I am thankful for a husband who provides for our family and takes his job seriously. He is still, and always will be, the love of my life. 

I am thankful for my faith, and the knowledge that God is real, and knows who I am, and has a hand in my life. 

Happy Thanksgiving Folks!





1 comment:

Corndog Queen said...

Such beautiful children. And your Thanksgiving table is Gaw-jous. This Thanksgiving I was thankful for friends like you. Thank you for being you.