Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Making a list...and checking it twice



December snuck up on me this year. I'm not sure what happened to September, October, and November . . . because I'm fairly certain that it was just August last week!

I had grand intentions of being well-prepared for the holidays this year, and sitting back and enjoying the month of December with crafts, home-baked goodness, and fun projects with the kids.

The reality is a whole different story! I've got a list a mile long of things that need to be done, and not just to get ready for Christmas!

In spite of the hustle and bustle, I am grateful that this holiday is upon us. Events in recent weeks have reminded me that life is precious. I must savor the everyday moments, even the ones that make me crazy. That goal is at the tip-top of my list right now, and I hope to never cross it off!



1 comment:

Ashley said...

I have decided just to embrace that huge to do list feeling as part of the feeling of Christmas--well not the angry parking lot kind but the merry hustle and bustle kind. It seems to always be a part of December so I'm giving in and not wishing it away! Your kids are looking so grown up by that big tree!