Monday, September 19, 2011

Livin' the life...

Now that all three kids are in "real" school, I find myself with a little more "free" time on my hands. I'm working two days a week in the school library, but have two full days and one half day a week all by my lonesome. It's true! The house is so quiet with the kids gone that I can literally hear myself think.

While I try and fill most of my days with productive "housewife-y" chores and duties, I am trying to spend a little more time on me, doing things that I enjoy. A good friend of mine suggested we take tennis lessons—a fun way to get a little fresh air and burn some calories. It is also a good excuse to buy some cute new clothes! Today was the first lesson.

Steve bought a golf cart a couple of weeks ago, and we drove that up the hill to the club today, laughing the whole way.

(I'm really hoping it was just the shadows
that make my thigh look so dimpled . . .)

Our teacher is a hard core Brazilian tennis pro. She worked us to the bone, we were both huffing and puffing by the end of the lesson. Amazingly enough, she said my new racket was actually "TOO Beginner" for me! Never thought that would be possible.

Don't hold your breath on seeing me in the US Open anytime soon, but I may have actually found a sport that I enjoy, and can actually play. Who would have thunk it???

3 comments:

The DeVito's said...

How fun for you! As much as I'm enjoying Grayson, I am definitely looking forward to when the kids are both in school!

Ashley said...

I love that you own a golf cart! I would totally be giggling driving it around too. Tennis is the best sport--so preppy and fashionable!

Stefanie said...

I love that you guys own your own golf cart now. That's pretty much the most awesome thing ever. I have always wanted to learn to play tennis. I remember having it as PE class in high school and liking it, but only got to play for a few weeks before moving onto something else. It would be fun to get into it again. Can I have your autograph when you become a world famous tennis player?