Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Who you callin' heavy?

I spent last weekend up in Seattle at my annual girls' scrapbook retreat. After a month of intense writing with my mom (update on that coming soon), it was a much needed respite.

I flew up late Wednesday night, leaving my husband and kids in the capable hands of my amazing MIL.

Thursday morning, we headed up to the retreat location, an isolated house on 20 acres on a hill overlooking Seattle. It was snowing like crazy, creating a winter wonderland. We got settled in, and spent the next 3 1/2 days eating, laughing, being creative, and eating some more. The food was amazing, plentiful, and served hot every 4-5 hours. In between, there was an assortment of sweets and snacks available.

While I choose to do my scrapbooking digitally, I still lugged my full scrapbook with me in my suitcase. I wanted to be able to page through it as I worked, looking for "holes" in my record-keeping so that I don't leave things out. The book is heavy. It weighs close to 15 pounds.

Sunday evening, it was time to head back to reality. My suitcase was packed, and heavy. I felt bloated and full from three full days of eating easily twice my normal caloric intake.

As I was checking my suitcase, the Southwest Airlines clerk looked right at me, and said "You'd better watch your weight." It took me a full minute to realize he was referring not to me, but to my bag.

It's time to get serious about getting back into shape, and ready for my summer wardrobe. No more messin' around. Stay tuned on my progress.

In the meantime, here's a sneak peak at what I accomplished over the weekend:















6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a wonderful weekend. I LOVE all the pages you did. They are beautiful. I love the first one of Grant. It feels like we were just pregnant with our little babies .. now they are going to turn 5 this year! Hate it! Can't wait to see more of your work!

The Knutsen Family said...

I still think you should have said, "I know, I'm starting weight watchers on Monday!" LOL!!!! Hard to imagine an another year has come and gone. Only 51 weeks until next time!!!

Ashley said...

You are so talented--those pages are gorgeous and it must feel so good to have them done. Your weekend sounds glorious! Totally worth a few extra pounds! :)

Anonymous said...

Your pages are really beautiful, and that's saying a lot coming from someone that hates scrapbooking! I'm jealous of your girls weekend though. I would even consider taking up scrapbooking to have that much fun with a group of women :)

Holly said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I remember that bald headed little boy (he was a little older, but just as bald). Darling pages! I'm with Michelle - girls weekends make it totally worth scrapbooking - even though I hate it. How about we just do a weekend of eating and gossiping?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Art Work Al. You're The Best At EVERYTHING You Do. :)