Thursday, October 29, 2009

Parading down Main Street

One of the things I love about our school is that it is in a small town. We still celebrate all the major holidays, and Halloween is no exception.

Tomorrow is a teacher work day (thank heavens, we all need a break!), so today was the day.

After a full day of fun in class, the entire school (250 kids, grades K-8) lined up with their classes to participate in the annual Halloween parade through downtown Sunol.

A fire truck led the pack, with two motorcycle cops bringing up the rear. Seriously? For a school parade? It doesn't get any better than that!

Jack and Grant dressed up as Mario and Luigi from Super Mario Brothers.



Jack held Grant's hand for the first stretch.



Olivia was a "Skull & Crossbones Fairy". She didn't want me to walk anywhere near her, so I tried to be sneaky.



Then she spotted me. . . and tried to make a getaway.



Then, she hogged the frame of a friend's camera . . . go figure.



I love that our kids attend a school that still celebrates the fun stuff. Costumes, parties, games, it all adds to the fun. Academics are important, don't get me wrong. But having a little fun along the way doesn't hurt!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really love that about Sunol. How fun. I LOVE Grant and Jack's costumes. That's too cute. Olivia is such a pre-teen. How funny. I totally remember those days. How sad that that is going to be Mallory in 7 years - thinking I'm not "cool" anymore and not letting me take her picture. Oh .. kids. (You're still super cool in my book) =o)

Anonymous said...

I love the Pasta Va Gumbi Brothers and the Skull and Crossbones Fairy and Mom even though you are Wonderful you've got to learn to be a little more sneaky. You'll need it in a few years.

Kayelynn said...

What a fun parade! Those lucky kids!