Thursday, July 26, 2007

Bye, Bye Baby


Well, the "baby" stage of our family is nearly over. As of last week, my boobs officially belong to me again. It's a bittersweet feeling to know that Grant is done nursing, and I won't have the chance to do that again in this lifetime. I have so enjoyed that bonding time with each of my kids, and yet at the same time, it's nice to not have to worry about leaking, saggy nursing bras and easy-access tops. I can wear dresses again. I can wear a bra that actually places my boobs where they belong. But I will miss the sweet, milk-squirting-everywhere smiles Grant gave me.


Steve always reminds me that no matter how many babies we have, there will always be one who is last. He also reminded me yesterday that out of the past 8 years, we've had a child in diapers for 6 1/2. So I guess three is a good place to stop.


Now I can look forward to new adventures as my kids get older, and will savor the baby stages that didn't seem to last quite long enough...

No comments: